• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS problems with draw_text_.. in iOS

P

Pano

Hi,
I'm testing my game initially developed for Android in iOS devices and I have noticed that the fuctions draw_text_colour and draw_text_transformed draw a text in a different way than in Android, Windows or macOS.
In iOS draw_text_colour draws a smaller text than other platform and draw_text_transformed draws text with overlapped characters. With all fonts and it doesn't happen using draw_text.
Obviously I use the same font size for all platform.

android draw_text_transformed:

ios draw_text_transformed:

android draw_text_colour:

ios draw_text_colour:

What's the problem?
Thanks

P

Pano

What size screens/resolution are they? Perhaps you are using a retina iOS device with a higher resolution
I'm using iphone SE (1136x640 pixel in 4'' = 326 ppi) and a sony xperia z1c (1280x720 in 4.3'' = 342 ppi).
I have to highline that it doesn't happen with draw_text.
Thanks

P

Pano

Wanna post your code?
sure; I did some tests:

for example, in the final room where score is showed I use draw_text_transformed
Code:
draw_set_font(font_Dusty_Pro);
draw_set_colour(c_white);
draw_set_halign(fa_center);
draw_set_valign(fa_middle);
draw_text_transformed(room_width/2,600,string("SCORE: "+string(global.punteggio)),1,1,0);
draw_text_transformed(room_width/2,750,string("RECORD: "+string(global.highscore)),1,1,0);
draw_text(room_width/2,675,string("SCORE: "+string(global.punteggio)));
draw_text(room_width/2,815,string("RECORD: "+string(global.highscore)));
I get this (windows, macos and android):

this in iOS (the image hasn't been cut, the bigger texts exit from the display)

while, in the main gaming room I use draw_text_colour:
Code:
draw_set_font(font_Dusty_Pro);
draw_set_colour(c_white);
draw_set_halign(fa_center);
draw_set_valign(fa_top);

if(not global.countdown) {
       draw_text(room_width/2,50+global.h_banner_gioco,string(round((global.trigger_durata_gioco-time)/1000000)));
       draw_text_colour(room_width/2,250+global.h_banner_gioco,string(round((global.trigger_durata_gioco-time)/1000000)),gr,gr,gr,gr,1);
   }
I get this (windows, macos and android):

this in iOS where text drawn by draw_text_colour is overlapped

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This looks like a bug, tbh, so make a small example project and export it as a YYZ, then file a bug and include a link to the file and this topic.

B

Bgamemaker

This looks like a bug, tbh, so make a small example project and export it as a YYZ, then file a bug and include a link to the file and this topic.
Is there an update on this? - I am having issues with iOS draw_text_transformed actually making text smaller while the same code makes it bigger as expected while on Windows

UPDATE: Font size < 100 works

Last edited by a moderator: