• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Problems with connecting to iOS license

Hi

I have the Desktop permanent and Mobile permanent license. My Desktop license showed up in the IDE but my iOS doesn't. I have a steam key for both mobile and desktop. I tried searching on steam for game maker studio but I couldn't find anything. None of the sites on the internet seem to have the information I need. Like I said, I recovered the license and in my email I got a license code and a steam license but I can't use my license for MOBILE.

Help please.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you link your Steam account to your YoYo account yet and did you activate the Steam keys? If you recently purchased a new license, you may need to log out of your account and log back in (from within the IDE).

Did you link your Steam account to your YoYo account yet and did you activate the Steam keys? If you recently purchased a new license, you may need to log out of your account and log back in (from within the IDE).
In my license that GMS sent me I old have iOS but that was the only thing. If I look at my licenses though on the web I have listed Desktop and Mobile as having licenses.

When I try to enter my steam key,. it says

Please firsst activate the original game.

(Edit)
I can get to the stream entry but I can't enter my license key. I don't know where to put it?>

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you download GMS2 on Steam? Normally you get that message when you try to purchase DLC (export modules) but don't have the base game/software (GMS2 itself) installed/purchased/added on Steam.

Either way, if you purchased the licenses on the official site and not on Steam, they should automatically be linked to your account and you only have to log out and back in.