• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Problems with array_length on imported project

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGameArt

I have a hefty project, around 550k lines of code. I'm experimenting with porting the code over to 2.3 in the hopes of taking advantage of some of the new features, such as sequences. However arrays have been completely rewritten, and now for some reason array_length is returning incorrect values.

GML:
    var PrefsList = ["OPTION_MUSIC","OPTION_SFX","OPTION_VOICES","OPTION_FULLSCREEN","OPTION_SUBTITLES","OPTION_LANGUAGE"];
    var size = array_length(PrefsList);
    trace("Preferences size:",size);
Running a trace on the size taken from a locally declared array returns zero for some reason, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on. My first assumption was another instance of the garbage collection bug, but I have gc_enabled set to false.

Has anyone else come across issues like this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! I'm going to close this topic as, right now, these kinds of questions and issues should only be posted in the official 2.3 Beta forum (here), and not on the GMC. Once 2.3 goes stable, the GMC will then be place to ask about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.