1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

GM:S 1.4 Problems in physical collisions: speed rising in collisions.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Bhreno, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

1. Bhreno

Bhreno Member

My obj_ball collides with some obj_blocks and deflects, this is working perfectly.
    However, when the obj_ball gets caught between 2 obj_blocks and collides insistently between them,
    the ball speed goes up during collisions.

I think it's something related to the value of pixels in meters (0.0625 my default), because whenever
    i change this value I have a different answer about the speed increase of the ball.
    How do I stop this acceleration during collisions?

For example, if a ball was created with a phy_speed 4, it must remain with phy_speed 4 regardless of collisions.

In the image, where obj_ball ends up gaining speed:
    The obj_ball is between two blocks, and constantly collides between them, which increases its speed.
    P.s: is physic.

Attached Files:

2. robproctor83

robproctor83 Member

Hmm I forget the property off hand but I'm pretty sure physics objects have something to prevent them from losing speed on collisions. Also you might want to look into you walk objects, are they comprised of a bunch of tiny squares or are they long objects that extend the length of multiple tiles? I ask because in my experience if each tile has its own walk then objects that bounce off of them can seemingly hit a corner even if it doesn't look like it's possible. The issue is that when it hits a corner it can deflect things in strange angles which you wouldn't want

Bhreno likes this.
  3. Bhreno

Bhreno Member

Yes, I just realized that it only speeds up when it hits one of the corners of obj_blocks. What can I do to resolve this issue?

4. Bhreno

Bhreno Member

and answering your question, there are several 32x32 blocks