1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with surface_resize + white lines while moving in the room

Discussion in 'Programming' started by frekkanzer2, Aug 18, 2019.

1. frekkanzer2

frekkanzer2 Member

Hello! I'm working on a little game and i have a really strange problem.
    Before starting, I premise that my game doesn't use any kind of resizing, but it uses views to implement the splitscreen.
    There are two cases:
    1. If i start the game with the "game room", the players can play without problems;
    2. If i start the game with the menu and i use the function "room_goto" to change the room, the surface remains the same size as the menu, which is smaller than the game room. So i've used the function "surface_resize" with the original dimensions of the displayed room, but when the player is moving there are some white lines on the tiles (it doesn't happen in the first case). So I thought the problem could be the scaling menu-room -> game-room, so I created a system that, when confirming the menu, restarts the game and opens it directly from the game room. Same problem.
    The option "Interpolate colors between pixels" is already turned off.
    I realized that the problem is the transition from menu-room to game-room, but why?
    In the first case, width and height porting are 1920x1080, also in the second case.
    What the hell is going on?
    Here are the screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. frekkanzer2

frekkanzer2 Member

Solved adding offset on tiles:
    open the tileset -> horizontal/vertical offset (i had to re-create the tileset)