• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

problem with sprites

RODO

hello guys, I come to ask for help here with a problem with the Game Maker, more precisely with the sprites.

well, i have been working on the project for a while until the last update came out a little while ago, ok so far, everything is ok but i realized that in this project i am having a series of problems. For some reason, my game was having a problem dealing with sprites, example:

one of the enemy's sprites was in a loop, the obj having the Animation End event and destroying itself at the end of it, and it was only he who had this error since all other enemies with the same event were working ok. I went and changed and changed the sprite to understand why this was happening, until it was simply resolved when I took and replaced his sprite (note: I have the saved sprite design and I had to import and organize it)

now the current problem, I can't use another or any other sprite from outside the project (that is, I can't import and use that sprite), because, it keeps giving error as if that sprite didn't exist

1617919981639.png
1617920080108.png

is this a problem in the engine or in my project? if anyone can help me I am very grateful

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This sounds like a bug, and I've seen a few people reporting issues with importing sprites and tilesets... Please make a YYZ of the project and then send a bug report to YYG (this can be done from the Help menu in GMS2). Once you've done that there are a couple of things you can try to work around the issue:

1) Clean the asset cache (use the broom icon at the top of the IDE)
2) Tick the separate texture page option for the sprite. Try to build. Untick it. Try to build again. I've seen this solution work for a couple of users with a similar issue.
3) Open the texture group manager and assign the sprite to a different texture group. Like above, try to build, then move it back to the main texture group and try to build again.

Hope one of those workarounds helps, but please file a bug about the issue!

RODO

This sounds like a bug, and I've seen a few people reporting issues with importing sprites and tilesets... Please make a YYZ of the project and then send a bug report to YYG (this can be done from the Help menu in GMS2). Once you've done that there are a couple of things you can try to work around the issue:

1) Clean the asset cache (use the broom icon at the top of the IDE)
2) Tick the separate texture page option for the sprite. Try to build. Untick it. Try to build again. I've seen this solution work for a couple of users with a similar issue.
3) Open the texture group manager and assign the sprite to a different texture group. Like above, try to build, then move it back to the main texture group and try to build again.

Hope one of those workarounds helps, but please file a bug about the issue!

well, I did the first and the second tips that you gave me, they didn't work unfortunately

3) I tried to do what you said but, for some reason, when I changed the group, the rest of the obj (some of them actually) did not exist

1) I cleaned it but nothing has changed, practically the same thing

what was really left was 2 but I don’t know how to do it exactly, could you explain it a little better? and I already sent a tickt to YYG, they will answer soon.

and finally thanks for the help