• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Problem with Moving-Rotating Sprite

Telorr

Hi!
Please help this newbie to solve his problem.

I don't really know how to describe this trouble. I've program the ball which when player hold A/D key, it'll move to left/right and rotating counter-clockwise/clockwise.
When I disable the rotating line, i don't encounter the problem. The ball will move smoothly.
A.gif

The problem will appear when I enable the rotating line. The ball will suddenly stop moving though I still hold the movement key.
B.gif

The ball collision mask is automatic ellipse and the block is automatic rectangle. I don't know a sprite rotation will affect the collision mask or not.
If you know to solve this problem, please let me know.
Thanks!

You could try setting your collision mask sprite for your object to be different from the drawn sprite. (in the object editor its the button below the Sprite: editor)

D

Deleted member 13992

Try collision_circle and don't rotate it. Disable/remove the collision mask from the sprite and rotate the sprite in the draw event.

I actually have no idea if this will work, but it feels like it might. Basically your object/collision should never rotate, but it should just appear to (via draw_sprite_ext).

Telorr

Try collision_circle and don't rotate it. Disable/remove the collision mask from the sprite and rotate the sprite in the draw event.

I actually have no idea if this will work, but it feels like it might. Basically your object/collision should never rotate, but it should just appear to (via draw_sprite_ext).
Whoa, I tried rotating through draw_sprite_ext and finally it works!
Thanks for your answer!