• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Problem with google play licensing extension... please help

NetZvezda

Hi, I am trying to update my app to the new Google Play Services extension, the one that uses new way to handle IAPs and such, and I run into an annoying problem.

When I install the game through usb(ie, for testing purposes), I get "Unable to get a valid license, please ensure that you have purchased this product" pop up on my app. I cannot disable the licensing extension because the game won't compile, so I am not sure what I should do.

Andrey

For the test, install the version of the app that is in Google Play. The license checks the version as in the store.

NetZvezda

For the test, install the version of the app that is in Google Play. The license checks the version as in the store.
Ok. That did the trick. I swear I changed the version and all that, but when I went to check it, it was set to different version. Guess I forgot to hit apply. Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

NetZvezda

Ok, the app doesn't show the license check error popup when online, but it does when its offline. Is it ok to completely disable the popup in the extension itself? As far as I am aware, I am not using any licensing functions in my code so I don't understand why it would show the popup. I am only using services extension for leaderboards, billing extension for IAP ad removal, and admob extension for ads. That's it. When the game is offline, it shouldn't access any of the functions since they are behind the os_is_network_connected() check.