• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Problem with fullscreen and display_gui_height on multi monitor setup - Windows. Need some pointers.

MartinK12

Game base resolution is 1920 x 1080.
I have main monitor res 1920x1200 and secondary monitors res 1920x1080.
Height between those (1200 to 1080 = difference 120px) create problem with fullscreen
So it’s about display_gui_height which works fine when game is inside window on any monitor, I can resize window, I have keep aspect ratio in options checked.

But when on fullscreen:
-game works fine on main monitor with 1200 height and I have black bars above and below so it's correct.
-but on secondary monitors with height 1080 it still has bars above and below and display_gui_height is moved about those 120px

Where, what should I change to figure this out. All those resolutions are way too complicated for me so I need some pointers what should I change in this case.
I'm not even sure if this is some standard problem or I got into more complicated one :(
Thank You.

Below is screenshot of debugger from game with all those width/height values, they don’t change when I switch to fullscreen and display_get_width/height always get those values from main monitor.
GMS forum 14-07-20r.png