• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Problem with FPS on main monitor?

MartinK12

I have problem with FPS between my monitors. When I run the game project (any game, even the simplest) on my main middle monitor game works slowly and fps set to 60fps shows about 45fps. When I move the game window to any other side monitors (left or right) the game jumps to 60fps and is faster.
It doesn't matter which monitor I set as main monitor - the game on main monitor always run slower.

I think this happened after last GMS2 update but I'm not sure and I can't find what causes this problem?

I appreciate all suggestions. Thank You.

csanyk

I have little experience with this myself, but a local friend who uses GameMaker has noticed some framerate anomalies when running a game on a multi-head system. Depending on the mode he's running in, if he's mirroring, it seems to slow things down for him.

We don't really understand why, but our guess is it has to do with Windows and/or the drivers for the video card, or perhaps the video card hardware, itself. We'd be happy to learn more about what's going on.