• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Problem with apk size when compiling

T

Tilapia

I made two games, they have nearly same size (one have 22,7 MB of size and another have 27,3 MB). But after compiling, one game have bigger size than another too much (one have 11,9 MB of size and another have 35 MB of size) although all option before compiling are the same. I can't understand why, anyone could help me to solve this issue?
See some pic

Attachments

SnoutUp

Check included files. Usually, when I get APK size spikes it's because some extension added stuff to included files and I forgot to delete those. And I always forget. But it could be because of sounds files too.

T

Tilapia

Check included files. Usually, when I get APK size spikes it's because some extension added stuff to included files and I forgot to delete those. And I always forget. But it could be because of sounds files too.
Here my included file

Attachments

You are just showing the size of the project folder. This is not that useful in calculating the final size of the APK.

What takes the most space is usually sounds and sprites/textures.

Does one game use more and/or larger sprites?

T

Tilapia

You are just showing the size of the project folder. This is not that useful in calculating the final size of the APK.

What takes the most space is usually sounds and sprites/textures.

Does one game use more and/or larger sprites?
No, my friend, all sprite and textures are ok, it's the same at that game.

But thanks SnoutUp and Amon, finally i found the reason. All sound of my game need compressed. However, i still don't understand why that another game not compressed sound file but still have a tiny size!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There are a lot of factors in play here... Architectures, how the textures fit on the texture pages (a game with a lot of small sprites will create a better optimised texture page than a game with large sprites), how the original sound was encoded (a 11025 mono ogg will be smaller than a 44100 stereo ogg, etc...), and then you have the code itself. Code, when compiled, can actually create a larger file depending on how the compiler optimises it. Some things that increase the speed of the code at runtime can also increase the amount of code required and so give you a bigger file.

edit: After closer inspection, it looks like you have different amount of folders in the first 2 images. And last few images your latest version went down in size? Did you do yyc or vm or both?

Last edited:
T

Tilapia

edit: After closer inspection, it looks like you have different amount of folders in the first 2 images. And last few images your latest version went down in size? Did you do yyc or vm or both?
I said at first topic, all option are the same my friend!
One more time, thanks for all

I said at first topic, all option are the same my friend!
One more time, thanks for all
It doesn't matter if the options are the same. You have two different games, with different content, as indicated by the different file sizes. So of course there will be a difference in final APK size as mentioned in all the posts above.