• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Problem when testing my game on a 4K TV.

globule

Hello,

Sorry for my english, i'm french ...

I have a problem when testing my game on a 4K TV.
My game is in 60FPS :

Rom size: 1366 * 20000

camera size is 1366 * 768

Windows size: 1920 * 1080

When i test on several PC with monitor, it's perfect. The vertical scrolling is perfectly fluid.

When I test on several Samsung 4K TVs, the scrolling gives the impression of making waves.
I modified the display of windows to 60p instead of 29p (by default for TV), it becomes fluid on a PC with the TV but not on the other

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

globule

thank,
I activated the game mode, but it doesn't change anything. I own a samsung Frame 43 and there seems to be no other option

gnysek

Would be goo to get more info about how those "waving" exactly looks - does picture vibrate, or there's ghosting of objects? Also, does it happens only when camera moves, or even if image is still (not moving) ?

globule

The image vibrates. this only happens when the screen scrolls (vertically). It seems that the image does not scroll all at once and that horizontal pieces take a few thousand seconds longer.
What I don't understand is that I don't have this problem with the same PC plugged into a monitor.
Note that I tested other games on Steam made with GameMaker and the problem is similar