GameMaker Problem Running an Imported Game Maker Studio 2 project

Kreastricon

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been searching online for a solution to this problem yet to no avail.

I've been working on a Game Maker Studio 1.4 project for years and I decided just for kicks to see if I could import it to GMS 2.

The import actually went pretty smoothly at first, game did have a few errors when running the game but that was totally expected. I actually have been working on this game since Game Maker 8 before I moved it to 1.4.

Anyways, the problem was that after I save the project as a GMS2 file, I re-opened it and I got a few errors and I figured that they were easy fixes, but after I fixed the errors, I still kept getting this message "FAILED: Run Program Complete" at the end of the compile code, and I figured it was strange because I didn't get any compile errors at all and I had no problem before starting the game right after I imported. It's only been happening after I saved it as a GMS2 file

I just want to know is it worth fixing this error and upgrading to GMS2 or should I save myself the trouble and just keep working on GMS 1.4?

I'm going to put the compile code here. Maybe someone can take a quick gander and tell me what is wrong.

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0452906s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 09/14/2019 17:53:12
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0240202s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 09/14/2019 17:53:12
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.3.344"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0234081s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.3.344" started at 09/14/2019 17:53:12
Saving project to: C:\Users\Christos\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Super_Witc_303A6D_3F7AA9C\macros.json
Options: X:/bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\cgeorgiafentis_1330107\local_settings.json
Failed to load Options from C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\cgeorgiafentis_1330107\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Super_Witc_303A6D_3F7AA9C\targetoptions.json
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/Super_Witc_303A6D_3F7AA9C" /zpuf="C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\cgeorgiafentis_1330107" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/Super_Witch_Girl_GMS2_(58)_Debugging_9A00A5C_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/Super_Witch_Girl_GMS2_(58)_Debugging_9A00A5C_VM\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\Christos\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging.yyp" /preprocess="Z:/Super_Witc_303A6D_3F7AA9C"
Reading project file....C:\Users\Christos\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'C:\Users\Christos\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Super Witch Girl GMS2 (58) Debugging\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at GMAssetCompiler.GMSprite..ctor(GMAssets _a, String _filename, Dictionary`2 _sprite)
at GMAssetCompiler.GMAssets.(Boolean )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMAssets.(JsonTextReader , String )
at ..(String )
at ..(String )
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(List`1 )
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )
EXCEPTION FILE - C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Local\Temp\b57e30d1e8134988932dfa76d5335a9b.yyg.saencryptedreport

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)
elapsed time 00:00:02.0655372s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Christos\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 09/14/2019 17:53:12
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0258221s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 09/14/2019 17:53:14
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0240220s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 09/14/2019 17:53:14
"cmd" /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0230208s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 09/14/2019 17:53:14
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Amon

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
This is quite important. Check any dictionaries or lists for any behaviour that could cause it to throw the error above.

Kreastricon

This is quite important. Check any dictionaries or lists for any behaviour that could cause it to throw the error above.
Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm not entirely sure what that means. Is there a script that I wrote that is causing the issue? Does it have to do with the number of arguments in the script? Take for example, I know there are a lot of scripts that use argument[0,1,2...etc] in my game so could that possibly be the culprit? Does Game Maker Studio 2 handle indexes differently from 1.4?

Amon

Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm not entirely sure what that means. Is there a script that I wrote that is causing the issue? Does it have to do with the number of arguments in the script? Take for example, I know there are a lot of scripts that use argument[0,1,2...etc] in my game so could that possibly be the culprit? Does Game Maker Studio 2 handle indexes differently from 1.4?
I've never used GM1.4 so can't really say for sure. Look at everything below that line for clues. There's just not enough info for me to be able to help.

Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at GMAssetCompiler.GMSprite..ctor(GMAssets _a, String _filename, Dictionary`2 _sprite)
at GMAssetCompiler.GMAssets.(Boolean )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMAssets.(JsonTextReader , String )
at ..(String )
at ..(String )
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(List`1 )
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )