• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Problem launching game

oppers

Hi all! So I'm still a bit new to Game Maker Studio 1.4, having used gm8 more, and I stumbled across a weird problem that I haven't really been able to find anything on. Whenever I try to launch the game via the "Run the game" button, it seems like the compiler finishes building everything, but the game never opens and is stuck in this launching mode. I can't do anything besides stop the web server. When I tried launching the debugger, it fails to connect to my local IP. For reference, I have not changed the IP or port. What's the weirdest thing to me is that Gamemaker was able to launch the game successfully with no problems before until recently where it just gets stuck on launching.

Not sure if this would be of any help but here is my compiler log...
Code:
Compile started: 3:59:08 PM
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win  /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=2 /j=12 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1804 /gn="RPG Tutorial" /td="C:\Users\15308\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\15308\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\15308\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_73238\gm_ttt_63907" "D:\Users\15308\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\RPG Tutorial.gmx\RPG Tutorial.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\15308\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_73238\gm_ttt_63907\RPG Tutorial.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1172.5099
Stats : GMA : sp=60,au=4,bk=4,pt=0,sc=44,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=55,ro=4,da=0,ex=0,ma=520,fm=0x200B2144DEE0634
Asset Compile finished: 3:59:11 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------
executing C:\Users\15308\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_73238\gm_ttt_63907\RPG Tutorial.win
-----------------------------------------------------------
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\Runner.exe"  -game "C:\Users\15308\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_73238\gm_ttt_63907\RPG Tutorial.win"
...And it just gets stuck on that last line.
I'm not really sure what could be causing the problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any loops that occur during a create event? It's possible that one is getting stuck infinitely. You could test for this by removing everything from the room and adding it all back one by one until the problem occurs again

oppers

Sorry for the late response, but I think I've "solved" it. I did check through the objects and found that I didn't have any loops occurring in any create events. I ended up fixing the problem accidentally as I restarted my computer because I needed an update. After restarting, everything seems to be working fine, game's loading up and everything. I'm still not sure what exactly it was that was causing the problem but I assume it had to do with having to update my computer. Thank you for the suggestion anyway!