• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Problem Installing Runtimes

• Thread starter Marcos Ferreira
  • Start date
M

Marcos Ferreira

Hi guys,

Has passed 2 months i cannot use GMS2 because of this problem, i tried different connections with different speeds. January i could solved this problem disabling avast and remove previous program data / gms2 folder, but, after feb versions i never could acomplish installation. I have sent 2 logs about this.

Please there are any link to install manually this. Serious this is a big problem and i cannot use GMS2.

Thanks!

M

Marcos Ferreira

LoL, my problem is in the first run after installation, when installing runtimes the GMS2 Crash.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We are seeing an issue when some Llavasoft applications are running (these appear to be "security" products that trap Network activity, they seem to be killing GMS2 dead in its tracks) - so far we recommend switching these off (and/or uninstalling them completely).

Warning - we are seeing a lot of users saying they have not and never have installed anything from Llavasoft but we can see it in the callstack of the crash so be aware that it may have been piggy backed on another install or it may have been installed when you bought your computer.

We are working out how to work around this issue.

Russell

M

Marcos Ferreira

Hi Russel,

I dont have any Llavasoft app on my pc. there's any other thing i could check here?

M

Marcos Ferreira

MAN! WORKED! iobit malware is the problem! disabled and avast worked! Thank you so much!!