1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - Uploading Problem creating/uploading asset

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Steven Colling, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Steven Colling

Steven Colling Member

Hey there!

I'm trying to upload a version of my asset pack (it's a tileset consisting of sprites), which I created as an extension in GameMaker 1.4. I now have a .gmez-file I'm trying to upload, but all I get is "You must select the correct GameMaker Studio asset." on the "New Version" website. The file is rather small with 397 KB.

I also have a trial version of Game Maker 2, but the "Update Package" and "Create Package" buttons, while clickable, do absolutely nothing (not even an error message or something).

Any help appreciated.

2. Steven Colling

Steven Colling Member

I've got an answer from the support and I'm leaving it here for others with a similar problem. Apparantly you can't upload assets with the trial license and uploading with GameMaker 1.4 isn't supported anymore. I wished there was an information text or error message along the process, but here you go. :)