• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - Uploading Problem creating/uploading asset

S

Steven Colling

Hey there!

I'm trying to upload a version of my asset pack (it's a tileset consisting of sprites), which I created as an extension in GameMaker 1.4. I now have a .gmez-file I'm trying to upload, but all I get is "You must select the correct GameMaker Studio asset." on the "New Version" website. The file is rather small with 397 KB.

I also have a trial version of Game Maker 2, but the "Update Package" and "Create Package" buttons, while clickable, do absolutely nothing (not even an error message or something).

Any help appreciated.

S

Steven Colling

I've got an answer from the support and I'm leaving it here for others with a similar problem. Apparantly you can't upload assets with the trial license and uploading with GameMaker 1.4 isn't supported anymore. I wished there was an information text or error message along the process, but here you go. :)