• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Problem creating HTML5 files: NullReferenceException

B

Ben_Saint

So I've got my game made, it creates an executable for windows that works fine, but when I try to create the game as loose files for HTML, I get the message below. Then I get a popup saying GMAssetComplier has stopped working, and then the "Building" bar in the top right keeps counting time forever and I have to close the program. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.smethod_90(GMLToken gmltoken_0)
at GMAssetCompiler.HTML5Saver.smethod_66(GMAssets gmassets_2, TextWriter textWriter_0)
at GMAssetCompiler.HTML5Saver.smethod_1(GMAssets gmassets_2, String string_3)
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.smethod_14(GMAssets gmassets_1)
at GMAssetCompiler.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.1.158/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)
elapsed time 00:00:04.6080000s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.1.158/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- HTML5 Package started at 10/20/2017 08:26:35
FAILED : Package Program Complete

Last edited by a moderator: