• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker [primitives] How to avoid color mixture?

Dupletor

I have a model that would be much more efficiently drawn through the concept of trianglestrips. However, colors get mixed around when I use trianglestrips... (ignore the weird shape, I literally took the model for trianglelist and put it in trianglestrip, but we can see the continuous mixture in some areas)
upload_2019-5-7_18-17-46.png

While I want them to be constant for each triangle: (model applied in trianglelists)

upload_2019-5-7_18-18-28.png

How am I supposed to make colors differ by triangle in a trianglestrip, if the colour is set for each dot in the primitive?

Binsk

Have all of them the same color or don't use triangle strips.

Triangle strips by definition share vertices between triangles. This also means they will be sharing the color data. If you have different color data between vertices then they will be linearly interpolated.