• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS Preferences + Connection Help

S

Sand

When I go to [ file -> preferences -> Mac OS X -> check mac connection ] and the compile window keeps returning "Host does not exist". (This is while the two computers were connected via ethernet cable and lightning adapter.) File sharing was also turned on.
Blanks in the Mac OS X tab were filled in with the video below.
YouTube video "URL code": watch?v=vrJCCvU6vT8

Why doesn't it work? Is there something else I must do, such as change the firewall settings?

Extra info: I am creating a game for iPhone 5 and 6 on Game Maker Studio 1 Professional

The image says "Connection not checked" because the image was taken just now (not hooked up to Mac nor was the connection tested).

What did you enter exactly for the Mac Host Name?

Was it an IP Address in the following format : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ? (for example : 192.168.0.100)

Or an actual hostname with letters, like "MyMacBook"

If you use the command prompt on Windows, you can try pinging that address to see if its available.

From command line : ping <Hostname>

for example :
"ping 192.168.0.100"
or
"ping MyMacBook"

You'll need to put your own hostname there obviously.

Let me know answers to the above questions, and the result of the ping test. (Make sure both computers are connected and online when running the ping test"

S

Sand

Thank you for replying! I tried both the IP address and host name. I currently do not have access to a MacBook (I borrow my friend's), but I will download a virtual machine to host Mac OS X on my Windows computer. I'll try the ping command when I am able to. Thank you for the advice!