• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Predictive text and virtual keyboard

siread

When activating the virtual keyboard with the following command the predictive text bar is still present:

keyboard_virtual_show(kbv_type_ascii, kbv_returnkey_default, kbv_autocapitalize_characters, false);

Anyone else experiencing this on iOS?

Attachments

siread

Now I'm having issues with the Android virtual keyboard. I can't seem to get the Done/Next button to do anything. if (keyboard_lastkey == 10) has no effect. Can anyone confirm they are having the same issue? Thanks.

Works fine on iOS btw.

siread

So I fixed the Android done/next/return key issue by using keyboard_lastchar == "\r". Just to be on the safe side (in case different devices respond differently) I use this monstrosity...

if (keyboard_lastchar == chr(10) or keyboard_lastchar == "\n" or keyboard_lastchar == "\r" or keyboard_lastkey == 10 or keyboard_virtual_status() == false)

Now, back to the predictive text thing which only appears to be an issue on iOS.