• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Precise collision mask not working

atma505

So I'm making a side-scrolling platformer and I've got a Submarine object that I want the player to be able to walk on top of. I'm using a precise collision mask because it's a complex shape and I want the player to be able to walk up/down its slopes and bump into its rudder and conning tower. However, the collision mask is giving me trouble... (I changed the sprite's color from black to green to make the mask easier to see)

gms submarine1.png

The leftmost and topmost bits are just blatantly excluded from the mask. I tried changing the size of the canvas, to see if "resetting" the mask would fix it, and...

gms submarine2.png

Now the previously missing spots are filled in, but the front is missing. If you walk too far right then you fall through the submarine and into the ocean.

Will I just have to craft my own collision shape out of smaller objects? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
That looks like a bug as with the settings you have on the sprite it seems like it should be okay... so I'd file a bug report and include a link to a YYZ of the project.