Question - IDE PreBuild script

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by clee2005, Dec 2, 2018.

1. clee2005

clee2005 Member

Hey does anyone have any ideas around running a pre-build .bat or script file before doing an export? Ideally, it would tied into the build process and not an external .bat file that has to be executed before running the build command in GMS2. I was thinking something like having a named .bat file in the Included Files folder that would match the Export + Configuration name and GMS2 would execute it if it exists.

The reason I'm looking for this is I'm finding we have more and more Extensions that require custom changes to the Android Runner... build.gradle or something similar like a "google-services.json" file that needs to be in the root folder but must change for each project (see : https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gradle-build-with-google-firebase.49137/)

A prebuild script would allow for some copying and renaming of files in and out of the GMS2 runtime as needed for some of these extensions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris