• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Prank program not working as expected

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
HELP ME
I made a game about LIL TAY in GMS1
I have every export on that porgram

I tried exporting it to html5 and then putting it on my cpanel server BUT ITS COMPLETELY BLACK!
http://cantavanda.com/TAYROLL.html
It's genius! A hybrid between rick roll and lil tay money way
I need to prank people with this, so please help me export it

And when I click on "play" in GMS1 to play it it opens the game in my browser and the image loads correctly, but it takes ten billion light years to load the music!
And when I go to another tab, the music stops!!
https://prnt.sc/l9ko6a

ALSO google chrome blocks the pop ups!
It's suppoosed to open rick roll 2 times and lil tay money way 2 times with alarms, as a normal application it works well but here after unblocking it takes super super long for each URL, WHY ARE SO SLOW???
How do I make that google chrome unblocks the pop ups?.

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I tried exporting it to html5 and then putting it on my cpanel server BUT ITS COMPLETELY BLACK!
If you open developer tools (F12/Ctrl+Shift+I), you can see in the Console tab that your main JS file is missing. You may have uploaded it incorrectly/not uploaded at all.

And when I go to another tab, the music stops!!
GameMaker is for games so audio is paused when switching tabs

ALSO google chrome blocks the pop ups!
It's suppoosed to open rick roll 2 times and lil tay money way 2 times with alarms, as a normal application it works well but here after unblocking it takes super super long for each URL, WHY ARE SO SLOW???
How do I make that google chrome unblocks the pop ups?.
You can no longer just open tabs/windows at any point and you have people like yourself and everyone in conscience-free advertising to thank for that. It must originate from a user interaction. Probably make a giant clickable or something.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
What is a JS file? Why did it not render the JS file for the game?
When you export a product in the HTML5 export, you get an index.html along with a directory containing a .js file and other game resources. Both the index.html and the directory need to be uploaded to the same place, you can't just upload index.html and think you're done.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
So you're essentially complaining that a popup blocker is doing its job of blocking malicious popups properly and that your internet is too slow to load your prank program's awesome music? :p

That aside, music loads just fine for me. Too fine, in fact - it plays over itself multiple times. Not sure if that's intended.

PS: Technically, this classifies as a prank program and is therefore breaking the community guidelines... but it's marked as such, gets caught by basic built-in browser security and doesn't work properly anyway...?

chmod777

Music loads fine for me as well.
To open a link in a new tab without having the popup issue, you'll need to use a clickable_() function. But a single click won't let you open multiple tabs.

Or you could also use Internet Explorer 5 to do amazing things like that... :D

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I updated it with the "CLICK ME", that way at least one tab can open.
And yes it's supposed to to play over itself hahahaha
For some reason I noticed the music only works if you go out of the tab and back. If you stay in the same tab it doesn't start playing, how is that?
And also the music only starts playing if you click on it, it's supposed to play right when you open the game.