Forum Game Post Your GameDev Workspace

S

Sam (Deleted User)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@Zizka I don't know if you live with anyone, but if you do that doesn't look like your bedroom. I have everything in my bedroom in isolation personally because the slightest bit of noise or activity from other people in the house makes it impossible for me to focus XD Then again that might be your room where 'none shall enter' or w/e.

Zizka

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I do have questions:

*who's that cute dog avatar on the screen at the bottom right.
* Salmo 91 being in Spanish I'm guessing a country in South America, am I right?
*Where's the missing controller on the wall?
*Who still burns CDs in 2021?
*Is that bag of chips salt and vinegar next to the paper rack?
End of interrogation.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Ask yourself...it is a cute dog though.

* Salmo 91 being in Spanish I'm guessing a country in South America, am I right?
It is in Spanish yes...I'm actually in Texas of the USA. I'm not even Hispanic(I'm a white boy). My wife is from El Salvador, and I learned Spanish years ago from working around it. The plaque was a gift, from a Sister-in-Law if I remember correctly.

It's the XBOX controller you see sitting on the battery back up there.

I rarely use them anymore. I've had some of these for years. Every so often I get someone who wants a music CD burned. And the DVDs are used for backup for things like photos(the wife likes that better than hard drives). You could look a year from now and there would be little difference in those stacks though.

There is no paper rack. It's just a little foldable tray table that has a few things sitting on it. The chips happen to be Sour Cream and Onion Lays. I don't care for Vinegar stuff. I DO however like the BBQ ones, and some other types, like Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles, Nacho or Ranch Doritos, and some others. I really like these kettle cooked chips from a place called Potbelly Sandwiches, specifically the BBQ Ranch flavor. And a couple gas stations around here sell the Rap Snacks brand chips, I really like the BBQ Cheddar ones(faced by Cardi B), even though I never liked rap music.

I'm surprised you didn't ask about the little colored thing on the right side above the power strip.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I do have questions:

End of interrogation.
My post wasn't that weird was it? lol This feels like a parody of what i just did, and not sure if I'm reading that right.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
My question wasn't that weird was it? lol This feels like a parody of what i just did, and not sure if I'm reading that right.
Your question seemed normal to me.

Feel free to ask questions about what you see here.
I'm sure it was in a response to me saying the above. I figured there would be a couple questions based on my pic, and I think it's fun answering them.

Zizka

I thought you'd praise my detective skills. I misspoke, I meant to say the paper towels in the bottom right which led me to believe that that bag was a snack you ate with your hands. And the round box (in front of the screen) is like breath strips so I could've guessed Sour Cream and Onion. The color reminded me of salt and vinegar.

One thing I missed was that one dollar bill which I would've known is American.

I did wonder about that colored box but I figured it was some kind of storage box of some kind where you put mementos of past victims you buried in your backyard. Am I close?

@Samuel Venable
I was indeed replying to kheburkart84. I like this kind of game/thread.

woodsmoke

@kburkhart84 That's a Saitek controller isn't it? I think I had the same one.

IMG_20210218_231456[1].jpg
Grey Basotect foam between the speakers for better acoustics. A foot/leg rest comes out of the sofa when I recline it.

i7 4790K
16GB
GTX970

Used FullHD IPS screen, 75Hz (only 60€!)
Nubert nuPro A-20 speakers with built-in sound card
Glas of cool tap water

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I thought you'd praise my detective skills. I misspoke, I meant to say the paper towels in the bottom right which led me to believe that that bag was a snack you ate with your hands. And the round box (in front of the screen) is like breath strips so I could've guessed Sour Cream and Onion. The color reminded me of salt and vinegar.
Indeed, you were close as far as the chips...just wrong flavor. And the round box is ice breakers, a brand of mints(wintergreen flavor in this case). I often have one when I'm done eating, and I often eat in this chair while watching Netflix.

One thing I missed was that one dollar bill which I would've known is American.
Indeed, you missed that detail. Not that I expect you to see it in the pic, but there are 7 $1 bills, and 4 Quarters, making $8. They are there because my daughter wanted me to buy her a Nintendo Switch game(Human Fall Flat) that was on sale for $7.49 and She gave me the money to pay(since I used my card). I rarely use cash and with the bad weather haven't had the opportunity to go out and spend the cash either.

I did wonder about that colored box but I figured it was some kind of storage box of some kind where you put mementos of past victims you buried in your backyard. Am I close?
It IS a storage box I screwed into the wall. I used a 3d printer I no longer have to make it, that's why it is multiple solid colors like that. It even has a little insert for smaller things. I ended up selling the 3d printer because I wanted to make a business out of it, but the wife was tired of waiting on it to turn a profit though I spent time on it, so I "cut my losses" and got rid of the machines and equipment.

That's a Saitek controller isn't it? I think I had the same one.
YES it's a Saitek. Besides an actual N64 clone controller I finally found years later, this is the only one really capable of properly handling N64 games. Since the N64 has 6 face buttons, it's hard to find PC gamepads that have them. It's easier to find something along the playstation line, as it's easier to find 4 total shoulder buttons, but 6 face buttons...hard to find. I've had that one for years, it's my "old faithful."

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Got a Frankenstein Asus Computer
Intel i5 CPU
Nvidia GT 1030 GPU
8gb ram
Game Maker runs on a usb for time being with 233gb of space

This is my new rig as of late January:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7GHz
ZOTAC 3070 TwinEdge OC 8GB
G.Skill RipJawz 32GB 3200MHz DDR4

Windows 10 Home Edition

Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe 500GB
Western Digital Blue M.2 NVMe 1024GB

GIGABYTE AORUS PRO Wi-Fi B450
Cooler Master ML360 V2 Mirror AIO
ASUS ROG Strix 750W Gold
Red/black sleeved PSU extensions
Thermaltake Core P3 Black

BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 27" 1080p
BenQ RL2455HM 24" 1080p

Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED mouse
Logitech G915 LIGHTSPEED keyboard
Logitech G935 headphones
Logitech G640 cloth mousepad
Logitech X540 5.1 speakers

Oculus Rift S
Kiwi Knuckle Sleeves

The speakers and monitors have been around for years, but I want to replace the speakers with the G560 RGB sets just for kicks, and I'm going to get the Samsung G7 32" monitor as soon as Amazon has another good sale on them. I also want a new desk, but I'll worry about that much later. My chair is a busted gaming chair which will be replaced with a Serta chair once I can physically walk into a store again to see which exact one I want.

-----------------------------

This is my old rig that I now use for LAN and mid-spec testing for my FPS:

Acer T2 Inspire prebuilt

Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz
GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Windows 10 Home Edition

1TB 7200RPM storage

Corsair CM650X Bronze

Some Sanyo 1080i TV my brother gave me

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse
Logitech G610 Orion keyboard
Logitech G933 Artemis headphones
Logitech G440 hard mousepad

The TV stand is actually the top part of my desk which I removed for a cleaner display when I upgraded, as the monitors used to sit side by side on their original stands in front of the shelves, as seen here:

Gamebot

This is my new rig as of late January:
I have a cat just like yours. The mushiest cat there is. Pet me all the time and let me climb on your lap and bother you when your on your computer.
Is your cat the same?

EDIT:
If it comes down to getting rid of the cat and the computer....I would choose goodbye cat.

Alright, I'll share. Here is my gaming corner:

20230507_102605.jpg
20230507_102513.jpg

Specs:
- Intel Core i7-12700k 3.6 GHz 12-core CPU (Water-cooled with 360 mm radiator)
- Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GPU
- Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME SSD
- Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE 47.7 CFM 120 mm Fans (x6)
- Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
- Asus TUF GAMING 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor (Primary display)
- Asus TUF GAMING 24.5" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (Secondary display, rotated 90 degrees)
- Logitech Z207 10 mW Speakers

Misc:
- WILLIAMS Legato III 88-key Keyboard w/ Sustain Pedal (hooked up to my rig via USB)
- Blue YETI Microphone
- CREALITY Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer
- EMERGE Gaming Chair (Grey)
- Cat Tower 😺

Each display is powered by Wallpaper Engine. My primary display chases the mouse cursor and highlights it, revealing a red circuit board in the background. My secondary display is an audio visualizer, with a 12-hr clock displayed at the bottom. The red lights on my computer also visualizes sound, and my RAM lights play Tetris. In short, my setup lights up when any music is playing.

This is the 4th rig that I have built myself. I've had it for about a year and it still works just as good as when I first built it. Making/playing games has never felt smoother. I consider it my dream build, but it can always be improved.

I'll admit I got a bit lazy with cable management around the keyboard. I should also clean my desktop. 😅

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Got a Frankenstein Asus Computer
Intel i5 CPU
Nvidia GT 1030 GPU
8gb ram
Game Maker runs on a usb for time being with 233gb of space
I have done some upgrades since then
Still the Asus Computer but new parts

same intel cpu
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2060 EVO