• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Post,Publish Game Maker

F

fpslog7

I used to work on older game makers but only on trial versions of it i guess it was 8.1 and later game maker studio 1. But never bought it after two years i decide to buy it but Studio 2 was released so again tried a trial version and i simply cannot get over it, can't use it.

My question is if it's possible to get Game Maker Studio 1 or later like 8.1 and still release games on it on platforms like Steam. I simply do not want to use GMS 2 if possible or i would probably rather change and engine and learn new things. Problem is i really get used to GML and it's way more comfortable for me then anything else.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Older versions are not available. GMS2 is in general better anyway(though some people don't like the new node workflow). Customizing the IDE can help with it, though it isn't perfect. Many people have found it is actually better than the old way, though it took them time to get used to it.