Possible to transfer thread control to other forum users?

A

altan0

Hi all,

This question is more for the admins in this forum.

I was wondering if it is possible to transfer control to someone else, say to a team member in our game development group so he/she can work on updating the existing thread rather than creating a new one from scratch? If there needs to be a valid reason, I can discuss this with a forum admin / mod via conversation.

Thanks.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Sadly it is not possible. The forum software we're using allows only the content creator or a forum staff member to edit it; regular members can't be granted that privilege. Your teammates would have to wait for you to edit the post and make the necessary changes for them. And no, joint accounts (more than one person using the same account to make changes) are not permitted and will be disabled.

A

altan0

Sadly it is not possible. The forum software we're using allows only the content creator or a forum staff member to edit it; regular members can't be granted that privilege. Your teammates would have to wait for you to edit the post and make the necessary changes for them. And no, joint accounts (more than one person using the same account to make changes) are not permitted and will be disabled.
Thanks for the reply and it's unfortunate to hear it is not possible. I will be sure to keep this in mind when creating a new thread especially in the WIP subforum.