• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Possible to get error message to be clear on pop-up?

Hi all,

Pretty much what the title says. Whenever a fatal error is encountered, we get the message box with the Ignore/Abort/Clear buttons.

If we push clear, the error message is cleared. Is it possible to have the error be produced but just have the content be cleared as soon as it is produced? Doing some key handling and don't want any code to be visible when this particular error pops up (only in ini room).

Didn't find anything online, unfortunately. Thanks!

In the new beta, GMS 2.3, it should be possible with introduced ability to error catch, but with the live version GMS 2.2.5, it's not possible. So basically wait until 2.3 comes out of beta.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I personally in 2.3, when you have a situation that you simply can't release a game with, even if it isn't a critical process closing error, I'm using the throw() function to halt it. This way, the user of my input system won't be able to not properly do error checking if they send bad parameters to functions, etc... I know it is pretty heavy handed but I wouldn't want them to continue thinking something is good just because they didn't verify the valid return on some function call. I think it makes it actually easier for the user too since they don't have to mess with checking things. In this system though, the only thing the game player is inputting that gets put into function calls is when they press a key to map it to some game action, so there isn't any room for error on that side.