Graphics Possible Games for Stick Figure Art Style

MGSting

If you go onto flash websites like Addicting games you'll see a plethora of stick figure games. Most of these are 2D shooters like contra (the most notable being Stickman Sam) and also Fighting Games and sidescrolling beat em ups, the latter two being too complex for a one person project according to several reddit users and the former being done to death.
Which is why for my next project I would try a different genre and use the stick figure art style. A platformer would seem like the most manageable thing however there was also the Fancy Pants series which would be a very hard act to follow.

GarlicGuy

If I where you, I'd just try to think outside the box. Look at Nidhogg, what the heck genre is that game? A platformer? and fighting game? whatever it is, it has a stick figure art style. ..er HAD.

Niels

If I where you, I'd just try to think outside the box. Look at Nidhogg, what the heck genre is that game? A platformer? and fighting game? whatever it is, it has a stick figure art style. ..er HAD.
And then they ruined it with that artstyle of niddhog 2

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Stick graphics are easy to animate, and I think they're extra good in Flash because of how EVERYTHING there basically is done by tweening graphics objects between two different positions, scales and angles. It's surprisingly much work to get them to work in something like GM that primarily uses rasterized graphics, so I'd recommend going for a pixelart style instead... you'll have the same amount of work for something that looks much better.