• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 [Possible Bug?] Having trouble with microphones in HTML5 - anybody have it working?

mMcFab

Hello!

So, I'm having a little problem with microphone support in HTML5 - it works fine in every other platform, and according to the docs, it should work in HTML5 too.

So, here's what happens:
audio_get_recorder_count() returns 0, yet audio_get_recorder_info(0) actually returns a ds_map of this info:
Code:
{"name":"User provided audio input","index":0,"data_format":4,"sample_rate":44100,"channels":0}
So, count is 0 yet there is information, but the final part is this; if I call audio_start_recording();, I get this error in the Javascript console:
Code:
audio_start_recording - not available in this browser.
I thought it could be to do with the SSL requirement to access the microphone in Chrome (and I think Firefox), but that shouldn't stop it from working locally, apparently. (I do also force enable the microphone in the site settings)

I've tried both Chrome and Firefox - same error, and I don't really want to install more browsers if it turns out to be a general bug - I know, not fully scientific, but there's only so much time in a day and HTML5 is already proving... problematic as it is, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is a bug.

I basically just want to find out if anyone else in the community has experienced this so I can find out if it is actually a bug or not before I report it.

I'm also not sure if it's related to this or not:
0017457: HTML5: 'webkitAudioContext' is deprecated. Please use 'AudioContext' instead.
According to the report, "everything still works", which is why I'm not sure if it just a problem with my setup.

If you need a little project to test it with, I'm sure I could whip one up, though all I really need is to know uf the JS output from calling these functions is the same, or if anyone actually has it working.

Thank you all!

R

Reventador

ffs.
Any work arounds to get microphones working in HTML5?