• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Porting a GameMaker Native Extension to Unity

• Thread starter Sam (Deleted User)
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I would like to post a tutorial on how to do this, and it is fairly quite a simple process, especially if you already know some C#. Would this be allowed in the tutorial section? It's not meant to advertise, promote, or recommend Unity as a game engine, I just want people to make the most out of their asset sales with the awareness it's not that hard to port existing extensions to other game engines to increase your sales, in most cases you won't even have to change your DLL/DYLIB/SO source code, and just use the same file as it is across engines (except sometimes, like in Unity's case, you will need to rename your DYLIB file extension to BUNDLE). Unity's asset store is a great resource to add to your existing GameMaker Marketplace and itch.io sales. I'm actually in the process of porting DialogModule to Unity, and it's going rather smoothly.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Sorry, but the end result is not for GameMaker and therefor not permitted anywhere on the forums really, sorry. You would do better to post it on the Unity forums than here... if it was the reverse, Unity extension to GM extension, then the tutorials forum would indeed be the place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.