• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Programming [Portfolio] Programmer for hire

• Thread starter Deleted member 467
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 467

Experience in GML:
  • 7+ years of experience of GML
  • GMS and GMS2
  • Data structures
  • Collisions
  • General AI and state machines
    • AI for combat, randomness, just something to follow a player, etc.
  • Surfaces and blend modes (for things like lighting)
  • Encrypted save systems
  • Pretty much everything that is not on the next list
What I DON'T have experience in:
  • Networking
  • Android/iOS
  • HTML5
  • Shaders
  • 3d in GML (I plan on improving this later)
  • GML Physics

What am I willing to work on:
  • Small pieces of a game - like inventories, menus, players and their movement, NPCs, etc.
  • Almost any game for up to two months
What I will NOT work on:
  • Anything that I said I don't have experience in
  • Anything that requires me to be active on a project for more than three months at a time, but we could negotiate a situation in where I can work longer than 2 months on your project

Cost: Depends on the project, and up to negotiation.

Examples of work: http://gamejolt.com/profile/barvix/153835

Contact info: here, [email protected], Discord: barvix

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amusudan

I think mentioning collisions, "basic things", surfaces, and data structures is not needed after telling you have 7 years of experience. It makes it seem like you think of them as accomplishments even after 7 years (And to be frank, they're all pretty basic things!).

Also the term AI is a very broad one.

And not to hate or anything but your examples of work all seem very much like "first game" games, atleast imo they don't stand up to what one would expect of 7 years of game development.