• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Pop the balloons with picou picou

gkri

I originally made this game with Adobe AIR a few years ago and finally I managed to port it (in a very improved way) to GMS2!

It is a game for kindergarten children. This game aims to teach kids the colors and to develop abilities like concentration and fast decision making. Currently it is only in Greek language and hopefully English language will be included at some time... But you are welcome to try it, if you want...

You can get it from play store, it is free and monetized with ads

I am providing some in game screenshots:
2021_03_30_10_54_19.jpg2021_03_30_10_57_12.jpg

and the promo video:

Ok, interrogation time,
Who did the graphics?
It's amazing.
I saw the promo video and shed a tear. it is very nice!
Truth be told, one of the few games with proper and not pixelated graphs.

Last edited:

gkri

Ok, interrogation time,
Who did the graphics?
It's amazing.
I saw the promo video and shed a tear. it is very nice!
Truth be told, one of the few games with proper and not pixelated graphs.
Sorry, I missed the fact that you edited the post. I only get notifications for new posts...

Some of the graphics are made by me. I already have a library of self made assets because I am the animator and co-producer of our animated series in YouTube. Many graphical assets are from freepic on which I am paying subscription, in order to use them with their premium license. I could had drawn every thing myself but the subscription cost is minimal compared to the saved time and the speed of delivering content.

I am really glad you liked the promo video. I believe it reflects the quality of our animated series.

About my not pixelated games: Our games are supporting our animated series. They serve brand awareness. So it is very important to look and feel as close as possible to the animated series they support. I can confirm that 1080p resolution is easily manageable in small scale games like this one. This is the 2nd game I made with GMS2. You can check out the 1st game made with GMS2 here which has 1080p resolution too.

You are very lucky to be talented with the ability to draw.
I am a civil engineer and a programmer but I can hardly draw a stick man.

I try to salvage graphics from online sources, also had a paid subscription to craftpix but unfortunately if you don't draw yourself or have a talented artist to cooperate with you i don't think it is possible to make something as nice as your work.

Congratulations once more :)

gkri

You are very lucky to be talented with the ability to draw.
I am a civil engineer and a programmer but I can hardly draw a stick man.

I try to salvage graphics from online sources, also had a paid subscription to craftpix but unfortunately if you don't draw yourself or have a talented artist to cooperate with you i don't think it is possible to make something as nice as your work.

Congratulations once more :)
Thank you for your nice words!

And I am a poor programmer but luckily I need simple games...

The most important skills that you need when you are using 3rd party assets is the art direction and the color theory for proper adaptation so you can achieve unifying visuals.

This is an example of mine of art direction. The original picture as can be found on freepik vs my adaptation (derivative work) suited for a specific animated episode: