• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

POLL!!!

M

Mr.Meow.Games

I am currently making a game with 4 characters to select from they are, Knight (uses a sword), Warrior (uses an ax), rogue (uses dual-wield daggers), and the forth one I am undecided on so I was wondering what YOU thought should it be an Archer or a Mage, or something else? Share what you think!

Mercerenies

Hm... perhaps some more details on the game would be in order so we can make a more educated response. Is it an RPG/platformer/etc? Do you swap characters or play as all four at the same time as a team? Tell us a bit about your game.

A mage have the option to produce more variety in the game. For example the mage can have a range attack like the archer, but you could also add secondary magical abilities such as teleportation.

M

Mr.Meow.Games

Hm... perhaps some more details on the game would be in order so we can make a more educated response. Is it an RPG/platformer/etc? Do you swap characters or play as all four at the same time as a team? Tell us a bit about your game.
Yes sorry that was my mistake, it is a fantasy rpg and you pick your character at the beginning of the game(similar to picking a class in a newer game)

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
I'd make Mage the fourth choice and then, to compensate for the lack of a ranger, I'd give every class an back-up (but very weak) ranged attack. For example: Knight would use a bow, a Warrior would throw rocks or tomahawks, Rogue would use a crossbow and the Mage would have magic missiles or fireballs, as usual. Also I'd rename the Warrior to "Barbarian" to differentiate it better from the Knight and give the game some more diversity.

-Surgeon_

G

Guest User

Yeah just go with mage; so far the game is completely mundane but the addition of a mage adds so much potential for much more interesting gameplay/skills, etc.