Suggestion Poll: Should users be allowed to freely create polls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I would love polls! They're very useful! I think other people would also like them!

MOD EDIT: Offensive tags removed. Don't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The fact that you think this policy should be decided democratically, the way you tagged this topic and the way you presented your rationale demonstrates why starting polls should be an admin-only privilege. Way too many of you are not mature enough to handle this feature judiciously.

A

A T

The fact that you think this policy should be decided democratically, the way you tagged this topic and the way you presented your rationale demonstrates why starting polls should be an admin-only privilege. Way too many of you are not mature enough to handle this feature judiciously.
How would someone misuse a poll? And users already can make polls using straw poll or a similar site, what is the difference that makes GMC polls admin only?

A

A T

Look at the tags used in this post, re-read the post that @FrostyCat made, and then get back to me.
Yes, one of the tags is dumb, but I'm not really seeing how it's reasonable to justify not letting anyone use the poll feature because someone might be immature with it. Sure, you got me in that I asked how the poll feature could be misused and of course there are plenty of ways but there is a report feature, there are mods, and if the line of reasoning is, someone might misuse it, then why allow anyone to even make threads?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I personally don't see how polls could do more harm than ordinary text (or topic tags COUGH COUGH), and they have proper uses in getting people that are too lazy to type to still provide some sort of feedback. I'd be for this (as a person, not as an YYG representative).

A

Aura

Polls are unnecessary, except in some really rare situations that the normal GMC members have nothing to do with. I'd rather want people to share their opinions and suggestions, instead of getting a wave of random people flooding the polls with no real reason. The former allows you choose who to avoid and who not to avoid too. If you want the latter, use a third-party service but have mercy on a dedicated topic for that.

There's no real reason to restrict polls. They're no worse than starting a topic asking "out of these four items, which do you prefer," which we're all allowed to do right now. Certain staff here have a nasty tendency to assume that all of us here are brain-dead twelve year olds, which is complete ********.

....It's only about 60% of us. :p

MOD EDIT: Profanity removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There's no real reason to restrict polls. They're no worse than starting a topic asking "out of these four items, which do you prefer," which we're all allowed to do right now. Certain staff here have a nasty tendency to assume that all of us here are brain-dead twelve year olds, which is complete
bullsh!t
Yes and you deliberately bypassing the profanity filter certainly shows that you are mature and clever enough to know what is best for the community... ;)

Polls are a pain and a waste of time in general. The forum is supposed to be a community where FEEDBACK and CONVERSATION are valued above all else. A poll gives some numbers for things but not the reasons for those numbers. They have also generally been used for pointless or stupid things...

Not going to happen, topic closed, and if you (or the OP) post any further expletives like that then you'll be put on mod preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.