[POLL] Next GMC Jam timeframe

When should the next GMC Jam (33) take place?

• 12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (3 days)

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • 12:00 GMT Thu 23rd May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (4 days)

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • 12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Tue 28th May (4 days)

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
There's been a lot of discussion surrounding the timeframe of the next GMC Jam. We've tried a much longer jam (10 days) and it didn't seem to improve engagement all that much, so a few people have suggested hosting for 4 days just to see if the extra day gives more people chance to enter / entrants chance to add more polish to their games.

This poll has three options for the timing of the next GMC Jam (33). Select all of the options that you would be happy with. The poll will be open for 10 days.

12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (3 days)
The standard expected time for the next GMC Jam.

12:00 GMT Thu 23rd May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (4 days)
One day longer, shifted backwards into Thursday.

12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Tue 28th May (4 days)
One day longer, continuing into Tuesday.

We could, of course, poll far more options than this. But 1. we'd be here forever arguing over it and 2. the mods running the jam have to be free on the allowed dates too! So for now we'll choose one of these options and see how it goes, we can always try something new the jam after.

11clock

There's been a lot of discussion surrounding the timeframe of the next GMC Jam. We've tried a much longer jam (10 days) and it didn't seem to improve engagement all that much, so a few people have suggested hosting for 4 days just to see if the extra day gives more people chance to enter / entrants chance to add more polish to their games.

This poll has three options for the timing of the next GMC Jam (33). Select all of the options that you would be happy with. The poll will be open for 10 days.

12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (3 days)
The standard expected time for the next GMC Jam.

12:00 GMT Thu 23rd May - 12:00 GMT Mon 27th May (4 days)
One day longer, shifted backwards into Thursday.

12:00 GMT Fri 24th May - 12:00 GMT Tue 28th May (4 days)
One day longer, continuing into Tuesday.

We could, of course, poll far more options than this. But 1. we'd be here forever arguing over it and 2. the mods running the jam have to be free on the allowed dates too! So for now we'll choose one of these options and see how it goes, we can always try something new the jam after.
All of those times conflict with my brother's wedding weekend. :(

Edit: Actually this weekend is a holiday weekend in the US (Memorial Day). May not be convenient for a lot of people.

hippyman

Memorial Day weekend is pretty perfect in my opinion. Everybody will be off work, and I'm sure there are plenty of us who don't do anything but sit around on that day.

11clock

Memorial Day weekend is pretty perfect in my opinion. Everybody will be off work, and I'm sure there are plenty of us who don't do anything but sit around on that day.
Not convenient for me because my brother is using that weekend for his wedding.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Thursday to Monday wins. The next GMC Jam will take place 23rd - 27th of May (4 days in length). Three cheers for democracy!

Incidentally I understand how frustrating it is to miss the jam, I missed Jam 15 (I think it was 15) because I was at @dadio's wedding XD
Also I will be missing this very jam myself, because I'm on a family holiday that weekend. I'll be running the hype & voting but @Alice will be running the bit of the jam that happens while I'm gone!

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Well, I'm glad it's not earlier in the month, I'd hate to miss my own wedding for the GMCJAM, lol!
Looking forward to the extra day!

JacobV

Really excited for having the fourth day, I've always thought my games could be made better with just a little more time and I think this is the perfect compromise from 10 days.

Relic

No @JacobV, your amazing art produced in just a weekend suggests you need to have the strict handicap of 2 days only, not another whole day.