1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows POL-OS [Alpha Demo Available]

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Angel_GM, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Angel_GM

Angel_GM Member

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD ALPHA DEMO (0.2)

A BOSS RUSH where your DECISIONS and the COMBAT SKILLS of your partner Max, MIGHT save the inhabitants of the planet Elementos from their extinction... or NOT.
    • FIGHT and DEFEAT the OFFENDERS that are causing conflicts on the planet, then JUDGE them based on the actions they're causing.
    • Once the OFFENDER is DEFEATED, you can set them FREE, put them on JAIL or INCAPACITATE them. Some will try to BRIBE you with money and special items, so be careful!

• Every OFFENDER has a PERSONALITY so they will behave differently in battle.

• The OFFENDER'S AGE and BODY COMPLEXION will define their HEALTH, how many DAMAGE they can cause to Max, how FAST they move and how much time they take to ATTACK and REST.
    • Multiple ENDINGS and OFFENDERS to confront based on the JUDGMENTS that have been made!

• Will YOU and Max be the saviours of the planet Elementos inhabitants or will you accelerate their exctinction?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WASD = Movement
    J = Melee attack
    K = Distance attack
    Space = Open POL-OS dock
    ESC = Pause

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Extract it.
    3. Run POL-OS.exe.
    4. Save (or not) the planet Elementos while enjoying the game! :)

= EXTRA INFO =

Itch.io: https://angelgm.itch.io/pol-os
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/POLOSTHEGAME

Any constructive feedback and bug reporting are welcome! :D

sitebender likes this.
  2. Toque

Toque Member

I like the concept of the game.

Angel_GM likes this.
  3. Angel_GM

Angel_GM Member

Thanks @Toque!
    I hope you enjoy the game as well ;)

4. Yrbiax

Yrbiax Member

Hey, i tried your game.

Amount of health bosses had seemed bit much considering how long reload time was.
    I noticed that other weapon was more effective so i finally managed to beat tesla boss after many tries.
    I was getting stunned for no reason, which made this fight bit frustrating.

pollos.png

I got this error when i died.
    ############################################################################################
    FATAL ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Other Event: User Defined 5
    for object obj_max:

Unable to find any instance for object index '100275' name '<undefined>'
    at gml_Object_obj_max_Other_15
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Object_obj_max_Other_15 (line -1)
    called from - gml_Object_obj_max_Step_1 (line -1) - <unknown source line>

Angel_GM likes this.
  5. Angel_GM

Angel_GM Member

Hi Yrbiax!

Thanks for playing the game.
    I guess I have to tweak a little the bosses' health and stamina, in future patches I'll enable weapon upgrade so it won't take too much time to reload (Also, the reload time is part of the design so the player can take a look at the bosses' patterns instead of just attacking).

In regards to the stunning part, it happens because Max got electrocuted, however, I need to let the player know when that happens instead of just putting a status icon on the HUD.

Multiple players are reporting that issue as well when dying, sorry about that. I fixed it this weekend, I'll try to upload a patch here in the forum (For some reason an error pops up when I do it :/).

Thanks again for playing it and commenting, this type of comments help me a lot to improve the game :D

Yrbiax likes this.