• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

PLS HELP

M

Mark Francis

In my character_select room when im choosing a character i want to draw or whatsoever to appear it in the screen do u have any ideas how to do it ?

I HOPE U GUYS GET MY POINT PLS HELP ME

//this is my code in my obj_controller //create event
if (room == rm_characterSelect)
{
var kaphwan,shermie;

draw_set_color(c_yellow);

kaphwan = instance_create(80,180,obj_selectionbox);
kaphwan.name = "Kaphwan";
kaphwan.obj = obj_kaphwan;
kaphwan.obj2 = obj_kaphwanE;
kaphwan.spr = spr_kaphwan_stance;

shermie = instance_create(220,180,obj_selectionbox);
shermie.name = "Shermie";
shermie.obj = obj_shermie;
shermie.obj2 = obj_shermieE;
shermie.spr = spr_shermie_stance;

C

CROmartin

Hi @Mark Francis. First of all there is no need for begging for help in topic title because title is used for smallest possible description of your problem and not for begging, you will get help because this is forum exactly for that, there is no need for begging. Title will also help people with same problem in future to read solution. Second thing is that you should describe your problem with more precision and also watch out that your sentence have sense because yours is quite poorly told. I am guessing you want character being drawn on screen based on which of two characters player is picking. This can be solved by simply drawing sprite in draw event in one of objects.

So you create object obj_char_pick, set in create event char_spr = (sprite name of your default pick)
In object draw_event: draw_sprite(postion_x_you_want,postion_y_you_want,char_spr)

In this obj_selectionbox: in step event set when that char is picked(I don't know what kind of pick system you have), set obj_char_pick.char_spr = spr(sprite of that character)