Please test my game too! :(

V

Virtual Mage

AHEM: I might just drop the idea of multiplayer and even the AI. Perhaps I'm going to abandon the whole project because of the lack of interest. :/ What's the point of working very hard on a game if noone even bothers to play with it?

MegaSports is a 2D sports game. This includes Football and Basketball, but more are planned.

The game is mostly about singleplayer, but most likely online multiplayer will be added too.
The AI is not finished yet, so in the demo you'll experience the Freeplay mode - That means the hall is empty, you have unlimited time, and it won't count scores. While in Freeplay mode, you can teleport the ball into your hands by pressing the F1, or you can pick it up if you walk to it.

How to play:
You can move around with the WASD keys.
If you pick up the ball, your cursor will be replaced with a cross on the floor. That is where your character is aiming the ball. Hold down your left mousebutton, and move your cursor up or down to throw the ball bigger, you should see a yellow line by doing this.
To throw the ball, release the LMB.

You can also change the graphics in the Options menu.

Multiplayer in progress...

Important
For now, the game is locked in windowed mode and a smaller resolution, the game still gets rendered at 1080p though.

If your PC can't handle the graphics for some reason, (even though it should work fine on every graphical option maxed out) please send me your specs here, and in that case, you should turn bloom off and set the reflections to low, or turn it off. (Low setting will return in a simple reflection, which doesn't require too much resources, even though on high it's blurred for aesthetic reasons.)

Please keep in mind that the game is still in a very early phase, but later on there will be more sports added, and actual career mode.

The multiplayer isn't functional yet, even though you can look around if you'd like to.

The singleplayer is a placeholder for now, where it sends you is going to be the training mode (where you're alone in the empty hall, without actual time limit or score counter, even though the scores still gets counted into your career scores under your Account \ Statistics tab.)

Feedback is much appreciated!

Download

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Virtual Mage

What you can expect in the next update:
  • Some tweaks with the Hoop
  • Ball animation
  • Taunts
  • Main menu
  • More variety in banners
What you can expect in future updates:
  • Multiplayer
  • Campaign
  • Team management
  • Soccer
  • Screen resolution options
  • Daily bonuses
  • Crates
Might be added:
  • Language selection (EN/DE/HU)
  • Party games
  • Championship with online scoreboard

V

Virtual Mage

Update
  • Updated the Hoop
  • Added ball animations
  • Added Main Menu
  • Added Options screen
  • Fixed performance issues
  • Added new banners
  • Fixed ball positioning
  • Fixed ball shadow
  • Updated the reflection effects
  • Updated filter
  • Added sounds
  • Added 2 music
  • Fixed collision
  • Added second hoop
  • Fixed misplaced banners

• Taunts
  • Play menu - Championship / Match / Freeplay ()
  • Multiplayer
  • Campaign
  • Team management
  • Soccer
  • Volleyball
  • Floorball
  • Daily bonuses
  • Crates
Might be added:
  • Party games

V

Virtual Mage

AI and Multiplayer in progress!

They aren't nearly finished, but they're progressing!

- Just thought I'd put this out to keep you guys updated, and to make sure everyone knows I'm actually working on it. -

A little tease (a pic):

V

Virtual Mage

Update
  • Fixed some performance issues
  • Game locked on windowed mode (75% of 1080p is shown)
  • Player customization

• Taunts
  • Play menu - Championship / Match / Freeplay ()
  • Animated banners
  • Hats
  • Multiplayer
  • Campaign
  • Team management
  • Soccer
  • Volleyball
  • Floorball
  • Daily bonuses
  • Crates
Might be added:
  • Party games

V

Virtual Mage

My video review :) (pity I couldn't find the football) -
Thank you for the review!

There were a few fixes in the latest update that I posted yesterday, so you kinda missed a few quickly added features, but you didn't miss any important stuff!
I was thinking about changing the floor already, but haven't got the time to get a new texture yet.

The AI is kind of a mess at the moment, I'd say it halfway works, but it's hell of a problematic thing and will eventually take some time to make enjoyable and fully functional. - Most likely the 1v1 matches of multiplayer will be released before the actual AI.

The football is in progress, however, most of the artwork is missing/going to be remade, and it's just too basic to let players "play" with it. My plan is making the basketball first, then move on to the next sport.. You know, I like finish one thing before making the other.

The banner was a little easter egg for your video (E.D. - F.B. actually stands for Electric Donkey - Feedback. If you wish, I can remove the banner later on). And yes, the banners aren't representing anything real. At first, they were - I wanted to make a little "ad" for website such as 1001 fonts and Freesound.org, if I used those website for the project, after all (you can see it on the screenshots of the original version). I removed them because of legal reasons.

The idea of the game would be mostly a Player + AI vs Player + AI multiplayer matches, but the game will also include an actual career mode, where you have to get your people and push yourself higher and higher.

I'll look into that angle problem, and I will make sure to implement the Singleplayer menu ASAP, just so the player can actually see that the other kind of sports are there too, but under construction.

Thank you for your feedback once again, and I hope you have a great day! ^^