• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - Account Please just take my money! HELP!

H

Heropants

I'm trying to buy an asset on the marketplace. I've bought assets before without an issue. However, now every time I try, it says "Free accounts cannot buy Marketplace Assets." I bought YYC, studio pro and the mac modules before YoYo had accounts really figured out accounts so none of those things seem to be connected to my account (I think I bought some of it through steam). I've tried to link my steam account to my YoYo account but it just keeps telling me "something went wrong, try again." (which it's been saying forever).

All I want you to do is take my money (without having to buy GameMaker 2 because people have told me the performance with GM 1.4 and YYC is still better). I've obviously bought stuff from the market before (it's listed in my profile) so I'm not just trying to load up on a bunch of free assets. I'd love to just contact yoyo directly about my account but there's nothing on the website (no number to call, email, nothing). Can anyone help point me in the right direction. I'm sure if you create assets for the marketplace, you'll get that I'm trying to help you out by buying your stuff but it's like impossible.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I figured out how to send a bug report to the helpdesk. I'm not sure if that was the best approach but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

zbox

GMC Elder
They've disabled accounts without paid GMS2 from purchasing assets on purpose. I'm not too keen on it... but I don't pay for their bandwidth so who knows.

If you're deadset against buying 2, contact the asset owner and I'm sure they can help you out.

W

Wraithious

They've disabled accounts without paid GMS2 from purchasing assets on purpose. I'm not too keen on it... but I don't pay for their bandwidth so who knows.

If you're deadset against buying 2, contact the asset owner and I'm sure they can help you out.
Wait, when did they do that? Ive never had gms2 and I actually recently bought one of your extensions (and others this year as well) or could that be the reason I can't upload my new extension to the marketplace?

W

Wraithious

ahh thanks for the link, i have spent about a grand over the last 3 years between gms 1 products and market place assets, I definitely don't have a 'free account' on any respect except for gms2, I may buy it at some point but not for a while, I'm sticking with gms1 for now because altho it has it's flaws it's definitely solid.

H

Heropants

Just to update everyone, I finally got it to link with my steam account. Once it had it on record I'd bought GameMaker, it let me buy the marketplace item. I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me link with my steam account at first, I just kept trying over and over again over probably a week or 2 and it finally worked. yay!