• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Please help!!!

Hi, I'm currently having the default font error on gms 1.4.9999,when I click on anything the text is naturally tiny, and the names of objects, sprites or scripts or whatever are tiny. you can watch the clip, how can I edit it? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

BB Scary

Just hold pressed CTRL and rotate mouse wheel. Cursor must be in the resources tree area. (I dont click on video, sorry)

Does it still happen when you change the theme to GM8 in File > Preferences > General > Select skin?
I tried change like you said but everything is same , now I am using windows 10 , everything is working fine , when I reinstall gms 1.4.9999 it gives this error again and now I still don't know how to get it back to normal?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I tried change like you said but everything is same , now I am using windows 10 , everything is working fine , when I reinstall gms 1.4.9999 it gives this error again and now I still don't know how to get it back to normal?
Unfortunately I have never seen this issue on any of the 3 machines I've used GMS 1.4 on, and GMS 1.4 is well past sunset. At this point I can only speculate, and if it has to do with driver or device issues specific to your system, there may be no easy resolution for this.

If you suspect that there is a non-default setting responsible for this, you can uninstall GMS 1.4 first, then back up and remove all of the following if they remain:
  • The installation directory of GMS 1.4
  • %appdata%\GameMaker-Studio
  • %localappdata%\GameMaker-Studio
  • The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GMStudio
Installing again should give you a fresh copy.

Unfortunately I have never seen this issue on any of the 3 machines I've used GMS 1.4 on, and GMS 1.4 is well past sunset. At this point I can only speculate, and if it has to do with driver or device issues specific to your system, there may be no easy resolution for this.

If you suspect that there is a non-default setting responsible for this, you can uninstall GMS 1.4 first, then back up and remove all of the following if they remain:
  • The installation directory of GMS 1.4
  • %appdata%\GameMaker-Studio
  • %localappdata%\GameMaker-Studio
  • The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GMStudio
Installing again should give you a fresh copy.
Thank you so much, I have tried everything as you instructed but it's still the same, I asked helpdesk for help but unfortunately they stopped supporting this gms1.4 version, maybe I'm unlucky person still using this old version but as I love it and maybe I'm the only one having this weird error problem, now I think it might be because the software is no longer suitable for windows 10 after re-installing gms 1.4 it gives this error, and currently there is no way to solve it.

G

Guest User

You can safely read what is written without selecting objects, when the font is quite normal size

G

Guest User

I have the same version and 10 windows and there is no such error.