• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Please Confirm Assumption on Testing OS X and iOS

K

Kululu17

Hi All,

After reading the articles regarding the above targets, I just want to confirm my understanding. I am interested in testing (not selling or distributing) a game for iOS and/or OS X. (An existing project that already works for windows).

It looks like with OS X you are supposed to have a Mac connected to your windows machine. Is there a way around this (I have a friend with a Mac who has their developers certificate - could I send him a file somehow if I want to test it?)

Same question, but for iOS. I already have an ipad. Do I have to have a Mac as well to test for iOS?

Thanks in advance!

T

Toppu

You'll need a Mac, without it you can't export or compile anything for either OSX or iOS.

rIKmAN

It's not officially supported, but using a VM or a Hackintosh also works fine if you don't have access to an actual Mac.

K

Kululu17

Alright, thanks guys! I was thinking I could send a file to my friend (who owns a mac) for compiling, but it looks like you have to have both a pc and a mac networked to each other for it to work in either case. I guess I understand it for the OS X, but its disappointing for iOS that you need a mac and an ipad. I suppose the easier route is to use HTML5 format rather than bothering jumping through all the hoops for OS X / iOS