• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Please add this function to views? [Request]

Shut

I have a 3D top down projection set up and I'm having trouble with all the view and camera functions not behaving the same way as in 2D. I understand that they are supposed to be different in 3D, but please add a new function just to keep the 3D projection but leave all the view stuff untouched (default)?

I'm sure that would make things a lot easier for those who just want to draw 3D models but leave the game play in 2D.

All I'm asking is just a simple function with enable/disable that would handle that?

Here are the problems I'm facing with right now
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/3d-perspective-projection-and-cameras.29696/

Storyteller

mixing 2d and 3d should be a thing, aka xenogears, valkyrie profile and a few others.
one would thing you could have a 2d and a 3d camera and composite them in the view as needed.
Im all for the ability to streamline mixing both 'worlds'