• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Please add #region folding to notes

F

Feronar

I would like to see #region / #endregion folding in the note editor, like how it currently works in the code editor. It would be a nice quality-of-life feature, making it easier to keep my notes organized, and I imagine it would be really easy to implement, since the note editor is pretty much just a modified version of the code editor.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
The note editor is really just a nice screen for a text file, you can go into your project folder and see its really is just you editing a text file and a .yy to display it in one of the code blocks, I dont think they could put in region folding without having to make there own text file support

Fanatrick

The note editor is really just a nice screen for a text file, you can go into your project folder and see its really is just you editing a text file and a .yy to display it in one of the code blocks, I dont think they could put in region folding without having to make there own text file support
??

Code editor is really "just a nice screen for a text file" as well. *.gml file extension makes no difference, those are still text files. Files with .yy extension that accompany each script asset are .json files just containing metadata, same goes for every other asset in the project including notes. Please explain what's the difference as what you wrote makes zero sense to me.

EDIT: On topic - this is a sound suggestion. I still wouldn't find use for in-IDE notes (and I feel the demand for this would be quite low) but I don't see how adding this would be problematic or time-consuming.