Legacy GM playstore says need BILLING permission add to your APK

kerim

Hey,
i have set billing permission
com.android.vending.billing
and put licensing code in global game settings,
also i have enabled marketplace api in dev console but google playstore dev still says upload new apk with billing permission

rIKmAN

pipebkOT

@kerim, the billing permission and the others nessesary permissions are in the google play services extension, do you have it installed in your project?

is your game free to play? or paid to play? if it is free you don't need the licensing extension nor the "licensing code" in the global settings
but if is a paid app then you can keep using the licensing extension. but keep in mind that is not obligatory to use it.

the most important part :

also make sure the "billing" is in capital: com.android.vending.BILLING
not com.android.vending.billing

kerim

@kerim, the billing permission and the others nessesary permissions are in the google play services extension, do you have it installed in your project?

is your game free to play? or paid to play? if it is free you don't need the licensing extension nor the "licensing code" in the global settings
but if is a paid app then you can keep using the licensing extension. but keep in mind that is not obligatory to use it.

the most important part :

also make sure the "billing" is in capital: com.android.vending.BILLING
not com.android.vending.billing
i guess its good for me to use licensing because it's a online game i do check app signing etc too.
also set the billing as capital, it's probably because playstore's 64bit reqs

pipebkOT

@kerim
the 64 bit req should not be the problem cuz is not august yet.

edit1: the billing permission was in the IAP extension, not the google play services extension.
check that you have installed the google IAP extension, which is essential to implement the in app purchases.

and other question, did you code and test the in app purchases before uploading the game to the store? did they work?(the test iaps)

test the apk through game maker studio test button, once you checked that the tests in app purchases work, you can start thinking about using real ones.

Last edited:

kerim

i didn't add any test one, i was planning to add real one but it needs to be created in iap page in console and which kept saying upload new apk with billing perm.
i'm going to try right now