Suggestion Playing directly from the IDE would be a really nice edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16767

I'm tired of waiting 6 minutes and then getting "failed to load game" 3 times in a row. This is partly why I don't invest any more time into my game. If we could preview play from any room that would be awesome.

Z

zendraw

hea meant that he wanted to be able to play parts of the game separately and not compile the whole thing every time. this is a vital thing in dev and every engine has it [citation needed].

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

The compiling eats up harddrive space, fails to compile every now and then for no reason I did.

AAA companies compile a game for somewhere around 30 mins according to wiki. Imagine them getting 3-4 failed to load game (in 2.2 and 2.3). I'm not looking to make a game that big. Probably the double the size it is now. When and if I have time to work on it.

I don't know what the issue is that it makes failed to load game on a 40mb software and a 500ish mb game.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Considering that you've neither described your exact game setup (sprite count, whether you use texture groups, texture page dimensions, compiled game size, % of size stored in included files...) nor posted the output log, I don't believe that anyone is going to be able to guess what's wrong here.

I've not had issues with the game randomly failing to start on any of larger projects so I can only assume that your crash is something situational.

D

Deleted member 16767

Hi again. It should be fine now. I switched to the Light IDE (idk but it feels faster), deleted some unneccessary stuff. Compiling at 1:20 now.

D

Deleted member 16767

I think documenting everything you did should be norm, even though it had to do with switching to the Light IDE. It probably certainly didn't fix it, but you never know with code. It was just remaking the assets over and over again in compiling, when it should compile once the stuff and then when I exit GMS 2, maybe compile the stuff again?