Legacy GM Player host/join feature

T

TBryant

im trying to make a game that will be able to play up to 16 players and eventually up to 32.
I could do with some help programming in the feature that allows players to either, use their network to host a game for others to join, or simply allow a player to join a ready hosted game.

johnwo

This seems more like asking for code than asking for help with a specific problem.

To that I have but one tip:
Read up on network feature tutorials.
Unless it's something specific in a piece of code you're looking to get help with, you should read up on how it all works.
If you just ask for code without learning how it works, you won't be able to make changes or debug the existing code.

Here are some tutorials:
1, 2

It takes some time and effort, not to speak of trial and error, but when you understand the concepts behind networking, you should have no problem implementing the system you speak of in the original post.

Cheers, and the best of luck!

Yaazarai

This seems more like asking for code than asking for help with a specific problem.

To that I have but one tip:
Read up on network feature tutorials.
Unless it's something specific in a piece of code you're looking to get help with, you should read up on how it all works.
If you just ask for code without learning how it works, you won't be able to make changes or debug the existing code.

Here are some tutorials:
1, 2

It takes some time and effort, not to speak of trial and error, but when you understand the concepts behind networking, you should have no problem implementing the system you speak of in the original post.

Cheers, and the best of luck!
Thanks for linking to my tutorial!

Here is the original GMC topic for the tutorial.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You already have a topic here with replies linking you to learning resources. And there's the Manual as well.

Help yourself and stop wasting our time.

Moderator Edit: Duplicate topics merged.

Last edited by a moderator: