GameMaker Player disapeares when entering the room again

S

Shizuky

Hello,
I am a little puzzled, my character goes to another room and when comes back to the first room, he is no where to be found.
Anyone had this issue?

3dgeminis

No, I've never had that problem.
It's hard for someone to help you when you don't show anything as a code to know where the problem might be

Toque

Or it’s globally set to destroy itself.
It’s there but destroys instantly?

Or it’s there but off the visual view.

Image alpha is 0. ?

It’s there but behind another object?

The most common ones for me!!

You could do in a new object any colour.
if instance exits do something in an object. To see if it’s there but not visible.

I use if instance exists. Image alpha = .3;
Place new test object in room

If test object alpha changes to .3 I know it’s there but can’t see it.

Last edited:
S

Shizuky

I use warps as this:

targetRoom = Room13
targetX = 480
targetY = 150

The thing is it worked for like 15 rooms fine but there are 2 rooms when I get into, and now I am coming back to previous, for the first one the character dissapeares, like I move arrows and camera is not moving anywhere and for the second, the players ends up in the loop for the same room and it's not from the spawn point and warp being at the same spot, cause when I put the room as first when running the game he gets back to the room just fine.

S

Shizuky

It's weird because whenever those 2 rooms are first to load , for example when I save in them and load the game, the character ports normally to the room before, but when I go to that two rooms and go back, as if playing the game without saving, then it is messed up

eimie

Generally there are two possibilities:

1) the two rooms differ in some way from all other rooms
2) the warps in their neighboured rooms differ from all other warps

It's difficult to be more concrete without knowing more details. When exactly change your character's x- and y-coordinates? In the room creation code after changing the room, inside the warp object before changing the room or somewhere/sometimes else?