• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Play Expo Blackpool

David Batty

Is anyone else going to Play Expo at Blackpool on the 10th and 11th of February?

There are hundreds of games consoles, cabinets, pinball machines, home computers etc. set up for free play of games. Its a good excuse to play games and get ideas for future projects.

I like going to play the retro games cabinets and get ideas for game mechanics from watching games in action.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!! Me!!

Getting excited about it now.... :D:D:D:D:D:D

G

Guest User

I live in Blackpool and having lived here when the Arcade games exploded on the scene in the late 70's I'm a passionate gamer and love the classics.
I would have loved to go there as it was only a 18 min tram ride from my house but sadly funds wouldn't allow it. :'(

So I had to pretend I was there as I played on my Picade I got and built at xmas.

But yeah, would love to have been there, its a loooooong time since I've been around the sound and smell of the arcades (pretty much not been in an arcade since I used to attend the arcade exhibitions yearly during the late 80's (brand new machines set on free play before they even appear in the arcades.. oh gods it was sheer heaven for me) the atmosphere is just amazing.