• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer Platformer GMS2 Learning Help

I just started a platformer in GMS1.4, but I can't seem to get things like moving platforms and slopes down. I want to move the project to GMS2 and want to start over from scratch.

I'm not really good at doing platformers, but I'd like to learn from someone who has experience with them. I'd like to know how to do the basics in addition to moving up and down slopes and moving platforms.

I don't have much money, so all I can offer is $25. I just need someone to help me get the basics down.

To be clear I'm not a beginner using GML at all (just new to GMS2). I've actually been coding in the language for 10 years I just really suck at doing platformers. I can do stuff like turn-based RPGs and Card Games just fine, but I've never been able to get platformers right. I tried to get help here with my code a week ago, but no one was willing to help me, so I figured it was best to start over scratch and learn from someone who is experienced with dealing with platformers.

I've watched many platforming tutorials and I'm not a big fan of Shaun Spelding and HeartBeast. Nothing against them personally, but I don't like the way they code and overall, simply copying their code isn't helping me really learn a thing otherwise I wouldn't be here. lol