• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Platform Paths

G

GateteVerde

I kinda want to know if it's possible to make those kind of moving platforms like the ones shown in the video by using the path functions of GM:Studio

I'll take some advice if it's possible.

Roderick

Easily. Create a platform object, create a path, assign the path to the object.

If your player falls off the platforrm because it doesn't move with it, look up one of the many moving platform tutorials on YouTube.

G

GateteVerde

Easily. Create a platform object, create a path, assign the path to the object.

If your player falls off the platforrm because it doesn't move with it, look up one of the many moving platform tutorials on YouTube.
But sometimes the platform can hang to another path, how I can achieve that?

Roderick

Create 5 paths
path_start
path_switch1
path_switch2
path_end1
path_end2

Start the platform on path_start. Store path_switch1 in a variable. When you flip the switch that changes the path run code similar to this:
Code:
if (switch_value == path_switch1) {switch_value = path_switch2;} else {switch_value = path_switch1;}
When the platform gets to the end of path_start, make it start the path stored in your variable.
When it reaches the end of path_switch1, make it start path_end1, and when it reaches the end of path_switch2, make it start path_end2.